To apply to become a member with the California Aquaculture Association, complete and submit the application below (or download the PDF application here).
After application submission and approval, members will be billed for appropriate dues. Income information requested below is used to determine annual membership dues. All information is kept confidential.
Categories and Benefits
Producer Member: Open to persons, organizations, entities, and corporations actively engaged in the business of aquatic plant and animal culture for the primary purpose of making a profit. In addition to having access to the membership list, receiving general mailings, publications, etc., producer members have the right to vote and may, if duly elected, serve as a Director.
Associate Member: Open to persons, organizations, entities and corporations actively engaged in supplying goods and services utilized by aquaculture producers, have an interest in the field of aquaculture, and wish to further the aims of CAA. Associate members receive general mailings, publications, etc., have the right to vote and may, if duly elected, serve as a Director.
Supporting Member: Open to persons, organizations, entities and corporations actively engaged in the processing, distribution, and marketing of aquaculture products and related support industries who have an interest in the field of aquaculture and wish to further the aims of CAA. This category is also open to those persons who have a valid interest in aquaculture or who, by their academic training or as a result of their employment or representation of research institutions, colleges, universities, government bureaus or agencies or other concerns, have an interest in aquaculture and wish to further the aims of CAA. This membership receives general mailings, publications, etc.
Members of the California Aquaculture Association (CAA):
- Are eligible to vote in CAA elections and other voting events (Producer and Associate members only).
- Are eligible for Director nomination (Producer and Associate members only).
- Are eligible to attend CAA Board meetings.
- Are represented with regard to California legislative issues via our legislative advocacy and government relations professionals, who have developed relationships with the Governor, key members of his administration, legislative leadership, and appropriate policy committees.
- Receive a subscription to the weekly CAA newsletter, which includes relevant industry news, events, and updates.
- Receive discounted insurance rates from Placer Insurance Agency.
- Assist us in our mission to protect, promote, and grow California’s aquaculture industry.
- Are eligible to submit posts/articles that will be viewable on the CAA website, newsletter, and social media. (Producer and Associate members only. Limit one post per month).