The California Aquaculture Association (CAA) is proud and excited to be a part of Aquaculture America 2018, which will be held at the Paris Hotel and Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada on February 19-22, 2018.
From the Aquaculture America 2018 brochure:
AQUACULTURE AMERICA 2018 will have the largest aquaculture trade show in the Western Hemisphere and one of the largest anywhere in the world with nearly 200 booths! This is your opportunity to inspect the latest in products and services for the aquaculture industry. It is the place to visit current suppliers and make new contacts. To keep ahead and to keep profits building, you need to keep pace with the technological advancements in the industry – and AQUACULTURE AMERICA 2018 is the place to do it!
CAA will be hosting a full day of presentations at Aquaculture America, which can be viewed below.
CAA will also be hosting a booth at the conference, which will be located near the entrance to the trade show. If you are a CAA member and will be attending the conference, we welcome and encourage you to display any aquaculture related materials that you have available. This is a great opportunity to showcase your business, services, advancements, and contributions to the industry. If interested, please contact Michael Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further conference information including registration, conference brochure, call for papers, exhibitor information, and hotel availability can be viewed here.
Wednesday February 21st 2018
Las Vegas, Nevada
Multiple Species … Multiple Markets
California Production Overview
- Inland aquaculture. Finfish, Caviar, Recreational fish and Research – Tony Vaught, Professional Aquaculture Services, Chico, California USA
- Marine Aquaculture. Shellfish, Finfish, and Seaweed – (speaker TBD)
- California Caviar: The history of white sturgeon aquaculture – Joel Van Eenennaam, Department of Animal Science, University of California, Davis USA
The Role of Harbor Districts in Aquaculture Production and Support
Moderator Paula Sylvia
- Aquaculture and Blue Economy Initiatives at the Port of San Diego – (speaker TBD)
- Humboldt Bay Harbor District Aquaculture Overview – (speaker TBD)
- Ventura Port District Aquaculture Initiatives, Ventura Shellfish Enterprise – (speaker TBD)
- Organic Mineral Applications in Aquaculture Diets – Keith Filer, Project Manager for Aquaculture Research, Alltech Inc., Lexington, Kentucky USA
- Sacramento Perch – Prospects for collaborating with private aquaculture for conservation, aquaponics, live seafood, and angler opportunity – Randy Lovell, State Aquaculture Coordinator, California Department of Fish & Wildlife
- Informing Future Consumers and Resource Stewards Through Aquaculture Education – Michael A. Shane and Mark A. Drawbridge, Hubbs Sea World Research Institute, San Diego, California USA
- The use of electricity to control burrowing shrimp (Neotrypaea californiensis) In shellfish beds – Jackson A. Gross MSPH, Department of Animal Science, University of California, Davis USA – LeeRoy Carstensen, Smith-Root Inc., Vancouver, Washington USA
California Aquaculture Association Board meeting to follow sessions
CAA members welcome