Managing leaves of absence isn’t easy. Plenty of documentation and tracking are involved, which aren’t so simple when leaves are intermittent or when California and federal rules overlap.
Then there are California’s unique and rather complicated leave laws, such as paid sick leave. With all of that law’s intricacies, employers are clearly confused—and with good reason.
CalChamber is hosting a one-day intensive seminar that will cover issues relating to leaves of absence including:
- What benefits apply whether the leave is paid or unpaid
- Eligibility requirements for various leaves
- Required notices from the employee and the employer
- What leaves require employers to continue benefits such as health care
- When employers must pay an employee on a leave of absence
- How different leaves interact with each other